--> 

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Initial post from the host





I recently acquired a small (16') sailboat a "pocket cruiser". I got the bug for this type of boat from such sources as Shorty Pen and Tillerman through hypertext links and posts from their websites.
I have started work on the old beast and am pleased with the progress to date. I have invested $80 for acquisition and pick up and a few dollars (maybe 30 or 40) in sanding and scraping supplies. The boat came with its trailer (in need of attention in its own right) and a hitch ball was thrown in because mine was too big.
Above are pictures of the boat when I picked it up.

1 Comments:

Blogger Zombi said...

Update (posted the same day as the first posting, but pictures about a month later)>
I have been working on a daggerboard. There was no daggerboard with this boat and it is not a boat that I can identify (any help there would be apreciated) so I need to figure out what the daggerboard should look like. I have not had much lock finding other 16' cruisers that use daggerboards, so I plan to go into some personal R&D. I have been slapping together a test board from whatever I had kicking around. I'm starting with a 5' total length which I plan to cut back until prerformance suffers, then I'll have the length I need.
I have also scraped and sanded out the gelcoat of the deck in the cockpit. There are a couple of soft spots I want to lay annother layer of glass on and the crazing was severe, so I removed the whole mess and I plan to put a bit of glass cloth down and some resin, then I may just paint directly on the resin or just leave a thick resin coat. I don't expect to bother with replacing the gelcoat.

11:58 AM, July 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counters
real estate website design